Fort Lauderdale is a metropolitan city with an international flair, and yet it maintains a hometown spirit. There's something for every personality and lifestyle that overflows into The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale campus, making this a very special place to pursue a design, fashion, media or culinary arts education.
Enjoy the beach, museums, art festivals, concerts and sports of all kinds. Get involved with community projects. Make friends with other students who share your passion for creativity and self-expression. The diversity of students from many countries around the world will expose you to various cultures and traditions. And who knows? The person sitting next to you in class could be your future partner in business. It's happened many times.
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, located in the heart of a city known as the "Venice of America" due to its many waterways, opened its doors in 1968 to welcome a small number of students interested in only one of three fields of study - Commercial Art, Interior Design and Fashion Illustration. Through the years, the curriculum has been refined to include a wide spectrum of visual, applied arts, culinary arts or other business-related fields to service multimedia and technology fields. Our programs are designed not only to help develop your creativity but also to make you marketable to employers after graduation.
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale's dedicated faculty understands what you need to succeed since they are industry professionals. You'll find fast-paced insight from leading members of the professional community, classes sized to ensure that you get individual attention, and lots of hands-on experience to refine your skills. From Admissions to Financial Aid to Student Affairs and Career Services, The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale's knowledgeable staff is ready to support and encourage you toward one common goal - a portfolio and resume that qualifies you for employment opportunities.
After you have discovered Fort Lauderdale, shake the sand off your shoes, tuck away your roller-blades, fold up your shopping bag and get ready for an education that will last a lifetime. When you enter the doors of The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, you'll discover a college with an emphasis on providing you with a quality education in a stimulating and creative environment that enables you to pursue and attain your career goals.
THE ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale was founded in 1968
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale offers Bachelor of Science degrees, Associate of Science degrees and diplomas in selected programs
- President is Claude Toland, D.M.
- There are approximately 35,000 alumni of The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
- The staff and faculty combined total approximately 378
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale offers school-sponsored housing and independent housing referrals
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale has received numerous awards including the Chef's Palette restaurant 2005 American Culinary Federation's Achievement of Excellence Award and the coveted 2001 Career College of the Year Distinguished Performance Award from the National Alliance of Business.
- The Interior Design major has the Council for Interior Design Accreditation
- The Bachelor of Science degree program in Culinary Arts Management is accredited by the American Culinary Federation (ACF)
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
1799 SE 17 Street
Fort Lauderdale FL 33316