The mission of the Student Affairs Department is to supplement the University’s educational processes and to support its stated purpose by providing assistance and services to the student body in the areas of counseling, student life programming, housing referrals, and international services. The Student Affairs Department actively encourages the involvement of its students, faculty, and staff in activities that stimulate cultural awareness, creativity, and social and professional development. In order to fulfill its mission, the Student Affairs Department has established the following objectives:
• To provide appropriate student housing options and referral services
• To provide counseling referrals and student activities that supports the educational process and enhances social/cultural awareness and community involvement
• To encourage the active participation of students, faculty, and staff in these services
• To coordinate events which address the needs and interests of our students
• To oversee and coordinate student orientation and the graduation ceremony
• To provide resources and assist international students with issues pertinent to their transition into the United States.
• To oversee campus security and evacuation/emergency plans and procedures.
• To provide health and disability services through counseling and referrals for outside services.