My Ai Campus Search
Student Life
*Required field

Step 1 of 2

*Required Fields

Detailed info about programs is yours
for the asking!
First Name
Last Name
When did you/will you graduate high school?
*What's the best location for you?
*What program at that location are you into? If you aren’t sure yet, no worries. Just select "undecided."
*Are you a U.S. citizen?

ex. 5551234567
*Country of Mailing Address
Address 2
* State/Province
*Zip/Postal Code
* How did you hear about us?
Any comments you would like to share?

Chat or Text Live Now

Online Chat

You can chat live online with an Art Institutes representative who can answer your questions - right now.

Student Housing
art and design school student

The Art Institute of California—Orange County offers housing assistance to all enrolled students. Living in school-sponsored housing is an excellent way to get acquainted with other students at The Art Institute of California—Orange County and get involved in college life.

About the School-Sponsored Housing Facility
Application Process
Housing Application
Rules and Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions

About the School-Sponsored Housing Facility
The school-sponsored housing facility is located less then 2 miles from the school in one of the largest shopping, entertainment and business areas of Orange County. Our school-sponsored housing program provides furnished apartment units for our students. Additional features include laundry facilities, pools and spas, a fitness center and tennis courts. Our school-sponsored housing facility is within walking distance to a variety of restaurants, grocery and retail stores.

Student Apartments
Our students are housed in dual-master bedroom apartments that include a bathroom, and walk-in closet in each room. Each unit is furnished with standard-size twin beds, dressers, nightstands, lamps, couch, armchair, coffee table, end table, dining table with chairs, and a desk. Basic utilities and cable are covered up to a reasonable amount. Students must secure their own Internet and telephone services.

Housing Staff
Our school-sponsored housing department is staffed by the Residence Life Coordinator as well as our student Resident Assistants. The Residence Life Coordinator  is responsible for the administrative and maintenance upkeep of our housing facilities and is the first point of contact for all students living in school-sponsored housing. Our Resident Assistants are student staff members who live on site, and organize events such as videogame tournaments, movie nights, barbeques and beach bonfires throughout the quarter.

The school-sponsored housing rate for the 2013-2014 academic year (July 2013-June 2014) is $2997 per quarter. Cost includes rent, furniture, utilities and weekly events.

School-sponsored housing may be financed through financial aid for qualified students. Quarterly housing charges may be included in the students' financial plans. Student Financial Services staff can answer questions regarding payment plans for school-sponsored housing.

Application Process
Students interested in school-sponsored housing should notify their Assistant Director of Admissions of their interest, and submit a completed housing application along with a $300 security deposit.

Rules and Regulations
Rules and regulations are established for the health and safety of our students and to ensure their well being and comfort in the school-sponsored housing facility. All school-sponsored housing students sign a license agreement for the term of one year. By signing the license agreement, the student agrees to adhere to the rules and regulation outlined by The Art Institute of California—Orange County Conduct Policy, and License Agreement. Any student wishing to leave school-sponsored housing or asked to leave school-sponsored housing for academic or discipline reasons prior to the end of their license agreement will be subject to a lease break penalty fee in addition to forfeiting their security deposit.

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I bring?
Here is a list of what the Office of Residential Life and Housing suggests:

  • Pillows and bed linens for a standard-size twin bed
  • Shower curtain
  • Cleaning supplies, such as, a broom, mop, vacuum, dishwashing soap, sponge, etc.
  • Kitchen and cookware, such as, dishes, pots, pans, silverware, drinking glasses, foil, plastic bags, etc. are recommended.
  • Small appliances such as a toaster, coffee maker, blender, etc.
  • Laundry detergent, iron, ironing board, etc.
  • Alarm clock
  • Extension cords, adapters, and surge protectors
  • Storage containers
  • Throw rugs. Apartments have vinyl floors in the kitchens and bathrooms that can get cold during the winter.

Below is a list of items that are not permitted in school-sponsored housing:

  • Pets of any kind, for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, cats, dogs, birds, lizards, hamsters, insects, etc.
  • Weights, with the exception of small hand barbells.
  • Musical Instruments. Due to noise restrictions and complaints, drums and amplified instruments (e.g. electric guitars) are not permitted in the housing facility.
  • Weapons such as guns, swords, explosives and knives (kitchen knives are acceptable)

What is parking like?
Parking is available at the school-sponsored housing facility. Each school-sponsored housing apartment is designated two parking spots. Parking for guests is limited inside the complex but street parking is also available.  Each student must register their vehicle with the Office of Residential Life and Housing in order to receive an assigned  parking spot.

How do I get around if I do not have a car?
Monthly student bus passes are available for purchase in the Student Affairs office on campus. Some students do walk or bike to school; others establish a carpool system with other housing students.

Who will my roommates be?
Students are placed together based on a number of criteria listed on the housing application, including age, major, and smoking preference. It is not uncommon for new students to be placed in an apartment with existing school-sponsored housing student.

Do I have to move out of school-sponsored housing during the academic breaks?
No, once you have move in you are not required to move out until the end of your license agreement.

Do I need renter's insurance?
If your parent's homeowners insurance does not cover your belongings in school-sponsored housing, it is recommended that you get renter's insurance. Renter’s insurance information is available in the Office of Residential Life and Housing.

Contact Information:

Office of Residential Life and Housing

Building B, Suite 149


The Art Institute of California—Orange County, a campus of Argosy University

3601 West Sunflower Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92704-7931
1.714.830.0200 • 1.888.549.3055
The Art Institutes on Facebook The Art Institutes on Flickr The Art Institutes on You Tube The Art Institutes on Twitter
The Art Institutes on Ai Insite The Art Institutes on iTunes University