TITLE: Student Affairs - Associate Dean
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Dean Student Affairs, develop and implement programs and activities that support the needs and foster personal growth of students. Will assist the Dean in promotion of strategies and programs designed to positively impact student persistence and increase student satisfaction at the school. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Assist the Campus Head of Student Affairs in the promotion of strategies and programs for student satisfaction.
- Creating policies, programs and services that support the school’s mission.
- Assist the Campus Head of Student Affairs in the development of short and long range vision for the department and lead department staff in the implementation of plans
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of Student Affairs and Executive Committee and all other departments on achieving school objectives for enrollment and persistence
- Meet the needs of a diverse campus population, foster student development and promote involvement in campus life
- Specific responsibilities include the delivery of effective and quality services to students in one or more of the following areas: student housing, counseling, student conduct, student activities and programs, disability services, international student advising.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Campus Head of Student Affairs
Interacts With: Faculty, students, and staff
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- A Master’s degree in Counseling, Student Personnel Administration or other related field is required.
- Three to five years of related increasing responsibility in student affairs preferably in a post-secondary institution or for-profit environment.
- Knowledge of current practices and theories in student affairs in higher education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Work effectively as either a leader or a team member to insure that departmental goals are met.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform well under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good general business knowledge and ability to effectively supervise and lead a staff of professionals
Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Internal candidates must contact their supervisor before applying for this position.
Qualified candidates should sent their resumes, salary requirements and letter of interest to email@example.com and reference "Student Affairs - Associate Dean" in the subject line.
Director of Human Resources
1622 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia , PA 19103