The Career Services Department is located on the 3rd floor of the Main
Building --1622 Chestnut Street.
Our Mission: To improve the futures of our students and alumni
by providing guidance and support in the areas of professional and career development
Your career goals come into focus with the first job in your field after graduation.
The Career Services Department helps lay the foundation for your career search.
We are a staff of dedicated advisors who work with students throughout their educational
programs. We work with employers to market our graduates and their capabilities.
We generate job leads, match graduate skills with employer needs, and help graduates
learn the lifelong skill of conducting a successful job search.
What can the Career Services Department do for you?
The Career Services Department works with students and graduates to help prepare
them to pursue entry-level work in their chosen field of study. While in school,
Career Services provides students with assistance in finding part-time job and freelance
opportunities. Students in the latter part of their program may also be eligible
for The Art Institute of Philadelphia internship program, which augments classroom
learning with practical work experience. Career Services offers assistance in pursuing
employment opportunities to all eligible graduates, at no additional charge, for
up to six months after graduation.
What Our Career Services Department Offers
- Coaching in critical job search skills, résumé writing, interviewing,
- Individual job search assistance for full-time employment in the student's field
- Individual job search assistance for students seeking part-time employment while
they complete their program of study.
- Participation in career days and job fairs that give students and employers an opportunity
- Arrangements for employers to visit The Art Institute of Philadelphia and meet graduating
- Screening of graduates interested in pursuing entry-level employment opportunities.
- Provide workshops on professional development.
All of these services are available by appointment. Please contact us for more information.