Institutional Mission – South University
South University is a private academic institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities for the intellectual, social, and professional development of a diverse and growing student population. To achieve this purpose, the institution offers focused and balanced curricula at the associate's, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral levels. A broad-based core curriculum is offered promoting critical thinking, effective verbal and written communication, and skills for life-long learning. Additionally, the University focuses on developing the requisites to pursue and appreciate knowledge.
South University's approach to higher education and the resulting varied academic experiences provide students with the intellectual acumen and pragmatic approach necessary to create the foundation for personal and professional fulfillment. South University attempts to provide a comprehensive education that instills within its students a philosophy that values not only learning and professionalism but also contribution and commitment to the advancement of community. Believing that qualified individuals should have the privilege of formal academic training, South University welcomes those who seek educational challenges. To this end, the University provides a learning environment, both on-campus and online, that helps students identify goals and the means to achieve them. With this philosophy in mind, students learn by interacting with a community of faculty, staff and administration dedicated to South University's academic purpose.
Statement of Purpose
The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, a campus of South University is a part of South University’s College of Creative Art and Design. In support of the South University mission, the College of Creative Art and Design offers creative professional studies based upon focused and balanced curricula. The college prepares students for careers in design, media arts, culinary arts and fashion by providing a stimulating learning environment that utilizes changing technology in order to meet the opportunities of a global economy.
We measure our success by our ability to:
- provide a learning-centered environment fostered by dedicated and knowledgeable faculty who exhibit excellence in teaching, who possess appropriate academic credentials, and who have industry-related experience;
- ensure market-driven, competency-based education and curriculum by ongoing communication with students, graduates, employers, and industry professionals;
- prepare students for career entry and professional growth in their respective fields through successful and measurable employment outcomes for graduates;
- maintain a systematic approach to institutional growth and development through assessment and long-range planning while improving processes and operations, and,
- champion a culture of learning by continuous personal and professional development of students, alumni, and employees.
The College of Creative Art and Design strives to provide an exemplary education in the creative arts by fostering a student-focused learning environment, rich in creativity and collaboration, where students, faculty, and staff encourage a culture of excellence.
We believe in an educational environment that places the learner at the center of our efforts, believing in the worth and potential of each student and striving to provide high quality programs and services. We value critical thinking and creative expression while advocating an appreciation of cultural diversity. We believe in a learning environment that is predicated upon strong ethical principles while creating an atmosphere that fosters development of integrity, worth and potential.
The College of Creative Art and Design offers programs on the following South University campuses:
The Art Institute of Dallas
The Art Institute of Fort Worth
The Art Institute of Charlotte
The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham