The Art Institutes is proud to sponsor and host the
ACM SIGGRAPH 2005 Job Fair
Last year over 3,000 participants attended the job fair to meet with leading industry companies in hopes of fulfilling their employment needs.
So how can you make the most of this experience? Here are some tips:
THE DETAILS TO FOLLOW
- The Job Fair will be held on Tuesday, August 2nd and Wednesday, August 3rd, 2005. Doors open at 10:00 a.m. and close promptly at 4:00 p.m. All registered ACM SIGGRAPH 2005 participants are welcome to attend at no additional cost. A minimum registration of an Exhibits Plus pass will be required to enter the job fair. The job fair will be conducted on a first come, first serve basis for all job seekers.
THE WEBSITE TO VISIT
- ACM SIGGRAPH has partnered with CreativeHeads.net, an online recruitment software company which serves the video game, animation & visual f/x, 3d technology & software tools industries. This partnership offers all jobseekers FREE online recruitment services. Job Fair companies will begin posting open positions on the CreativeHeads.net Headsboard webpage soon, so jobseekers will be able to apply for these jobs at that time, fill out a free secure, personalized CreativeHeads.net profile and connect with companies prior to the Job Fair. Visit CreativeHeads.net for information about jobseeker benefits and features.
THE RESEARCH TO CONDUCT
- In order to make your job search most efficient, begin by researching all of the participating companies prior to the event. Look up and read any news articles about the company, annual reports, and its stock performance (if applicable). A list of participating companies will be available on the ACM SIGGRAPH 2005 Job Fair website beginning on April 1, 2005 and the list will be updated periodically.
THE MATERIAL TO PREPARE
- Be prepared - tailor your approach to the limited time you may have by creating an abbreviated portfolio. You should have demo reels, an updated resume and samples of your work with you to give to potential employers on the spot.
THE IMPRESSION TO MAKE
- Remember, each employer's time is valuable. With over 3000 attendees, and approximately 40 companies, preparing your strategy in advance will help ensure that the few minutes you may have with each employer is productive and leaves a positive impression. GOLDEN RULE: Pitch yourself in 30 seconds.
Back to ACM SIGGRAPH Job Fair main page
Sponsored by The Art Institutes
Click here to learn more about The Art Institutes