You’re Accepted! What Comes Next?
February 23, 2022
As the school year winds down, you’re getting ready for what comes next. We don’t just mean graduation. We mean the opportunities that await you in higher education. As the college acceptance letters continue to come in, do your best to stay focused. Now’s not the time to slack off! Your grades are still important and now is the time to start looking for scholarships and grants to support your college education.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of your spring semester:
- Watch your email inbox. Colleges may contact you with questions or additional information that they need from you. Be sure to respond promptly.
- Make sure that your FAFSA is completed and reach out to colleges to learn more about their financial aid.
- Keep researching to find scholarships and grant opportunities. Don’t forget to look for local scholarships or ones associated with your high school, sports team, neighborhood, or club.
- Set up college visits, if you haven’t already. Or go back to visit your favorite schools again to be sure that they still feel like a good fit.
- Follow up on transcripts and be sure that your applications are all complete.
- Keep your grades up! It’s important to push yourself now so that you’re ready to succeed in college.
- Talk it out with family and friends. School can be a big decision and often talking through your options with your support network can help ease anxieties and increase your motivation.
- Reach out to schools if you have questions. Sometimes the FAQ doesn’t cover everything. If you have a question, don’t be afraid to reach out to the school to get more information.
Learn more about our programs.Get Brochure