How to Create Your Own I-85 Survival Guide
April 25, 2017
Metro Atlanta drivers have been in a state of emergency since a massive fire on I-85 in Atlanta led to the collapse of a bridge on the crowded interstate. According to Atlanta fire officials, the bridge on I-85 northbound just south of Ga. 400 near Piedmont Road collapsed on Thursday, March 30, 2017. As a result, traffic delays have been longer than expected which is creating anxiety for drivers who are stuck trying to maneuver around the I-85 closure.
Faculty and staff from The Art Institute of Atlanta are getting creative to give drivers some relief with Ai Atlanta’s I-85 Survival Guide. The guide includes tips to help drivers maneuver around the city. The Survival guide is a result of a joint collaboration between several Ai Atlanta disciplines.
• Media Arts faculty created a travel folder for drivers’ phones with apps to help check for delays and plan your trip, news updates, Marta schedules, and a calming musical playlist.
• Film and production students shared an energy boosting video that will put a smile on your face and ramp-up drivers before attempting the commute.
• Culinary Arts included water and non-perishable snacks, plus a list of the best Atlanta restaurants near you.
• Fashion Design provided drivers with a change of clothes that can take you from the office to dinner with a comfortable flat for men or sandals for women.
• Interior Design faculty invented a calming driving space with a special screen saver of your kids or favorite vacation destination, completed with an attached car phone cradle or mount on your dashboard to eliminate distractions and allow drivers to pay attention to the road.
Institutional President of The Art Institute of Atlanta, Newton Myvett, said “the creative collaboration is an effort from Ai Atlanta to provide some comfort for students, families and friends. We are happy to share our tips with everyone with hopes it will ease some of the stress metro Atlanta drivers are feeling until I-85 re-opens.”
To learn how to make your own I-85 Survival Guide visit Ai Atlanta’s Facebook page.