Press Releases

The Art Institute of Atlanta Honors Veterans at Wounded Warrior Gala

By: The Art Institutes

June 5, 2016

On May 20, 2016, The Art Institute of Atlanta’s Student Veterans of America (SVA) Chapter hosted its first Wounded Warrior Gala. The event showcased creative arts and fashion and raised money that was donated to Wounded Warrior Family Support.

The Wounded Warrior Gala consisted of an art exhibit and silent auction featuring 50 original works by students and faculty celebrating a broad spectrum of military themes.  The silent auction generated more than $800 in sales of which 75% of the final proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warriors Family Support, an organization that provides support to the families of those who have been wounded, injured or killed during combat operations.  The remaining 25% of the proceeds will be used for the administration of future SVA events.  Artwork not sold will be auctioned online.

In addition to the art exhibit, two current fashion students created a fashion show with help from the Audio Club and Dr. Courtney Hammonds, Fashion Marketing and Management Program Director.  Volunteers modeled their fashions, and a unique collection was designed specifically to celebrate the Armed Forces.

The event itself was the culmination of tremendous efforts and dedication from the Executive Board Members of the SVA in addition to numerous staff and faculty who aided in the implementation of such a great event.  Tennesha Frierson, Student Affairs Coordinator, and Erik Screb, Residence Life Coordinator, served as co-advisors and co-leaders who provided the assistance needed to ensure that all details and purchases for the event were handled professionally and promptly. 

The Art Institute of Atlanta was honored to have distinguished guest to attend: Kevin Wince, Area Chair of the Georgia Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve and James Adkins, Veteran’s Outreach Program Specialist- Marietta Vet Center.

See for program duration, tuition, fees and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.

Learn more about our programs.

Get Brochure

By: The Art Institutes

June 5, 2016