The Art Institute of Atlanta Presents: Student Short Films Showcase At 40th Annual Atlanta Film Festival
April 7, 2016
The Art Institute of Atlanta will host a conversation immediately following with the City of Atlanta’s new director of Film and Entertainment, Christopher Hicks
WHO: The Art Institute of Atlanta students, Christopher Hicks, Director of the City of Atlanta Office of Film and Entertainment and representatives from The Art Institute of Atlanta BFA in Media Arts & Animation program
WHAT: The Art Institute of Atlanta Media Arts & Animation program presents a showcase of student short films created by The Art Institute of Atlanta students. The following films will be presented:
- Kiss of Death (Narrative short) directed and produced by Ai Atlanta students Timothy Collins and Jillian Kibler centers around a couple’s plan to leave town by sundown but takes an unexpected turn.
- Jokers Wild (Narrative short) directed by Ai Atlanta student Kriss SiaoPao is centered around a group of friends who have twenty-four hours to pay back Santos…or else
- Dear Charlie (Narrative short) directed by Ai Atlanta student Samantha Washington, shares Charlie’s guilt over a loved one’s suicide and reveals a terrible secret
- Taking Back Our Thrones (Documentary) directed and produced by Ai Atlanta student LeCreshia Goldsberry, presents a documentary highlighting the many contributions black women have made in the fields of beauty, education and media
- Robin Goodfellow (Sizzle reel) directed and produced by Ai Atlanta student Don Weir is about a killer Santa Claus on the loose
- Eden (Narrative short) directed and produced by Ai Atlanta student Jacob Allinson, Eden explores a cheating husband who must come to terms with what he’s done
WHEN: Thursday, April 7, 2016 | Screening: 5:00pm
WHERE: 7 Stages | 1105 Euclid Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30307
MEDIA INFO: Media interested in providing coverage for this event should reserve their seats at the screening by Wednesday, April 6, 2016. Press check-in begins at 4:15pm and screening will begin promptly at 5:00pm
MEDIA RSVP: Angela Watts | firstname.lastname@example.org | 678-637-0982 (cell)
About The Art Institute of Atlanta:
The Art Institute of Atlanta is one of The Art Institutes, a system of over 50 schools throughout North America. Programs, credential levels, technology, and scheduling options vary by school and are subject to change. Not all online programs are available to residents of all U.S. states. Several institutions included in The Art Institutes system are campuses of South University or Argosy University. The Art Institute of Atlanta, 6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30328-1649. © 2016 The Art Institutes. All rights reserved. Our email address is email@example.com.
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/323 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
To request accommodations in connection with this event, contact the Student Affairs Department or program organizer in advance at 770-394-8300.
Learn more about our programs.Get Brochure