The Austin Food and Wine Festival
May 11, 2015
(Austin, May 2015) Faculty, staff and students at The Art Institute of Austin, a branch of The Art Institute of Houston, participated in The Austin Food and Wine Festival in April.
Events for the 3 days included:
• Five course plated field dinner on the festival lawn
• Dinner featuring 15 Texas based chefs for 1200 guests (Feast under the Stars)
• Dinner featuring 15 chefs across the country for a Rock Your Taco battle for 1200 guests
• Chef demonstrations
• Fire pit stations serving barbecue
• Hands-on-Grilling with Chef Tim Love (Lonesome Dove, Fort Worth, TX)
During the event, 8 students were offered positions or internships from chefs attending due to their hard work and professionalism.
A special thanks to Chef David Holtzman, Chef Brad Harmon, Chef Julie Busch, Chef John Maroon, Chef Frank Johnson, Lorena Legarreta, Stephen Baldridge, and Frank Cheng who help make this a very successful event. Positive feed back was received from sponsors, festival organizers and culinary event producers.
Programs, credential levels, technology, and scheduling options are subject to change. The Art Institute of Austin, a branch of The Art Institute of Houston, 101 W. Louis Henna Blvd, Austin, TX 78728 ©2015 The Art Institutes. Our email address is email@example.com.
Learn more about our programs.Get Brochure