Student Learning Outcomes
for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info
1. Writing & Critical Thinking: Graduates demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate ideas, stories and expectations in written work. Graduates have an understanding of the historical, cultural and social contexts for moving images.
2. Producing & Directing: Graduates demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, plan and execute different styles of media productions. Graduates demonstrate an understanding of their leadership and collaborative responsibilities in relationship to artistic partners, crews, clients, the wider community and their own personal development.
3. Cinematography & Lighting: Graduates demonstrate control of camera, cinematic and lighting equipment in relation to a given subject.
4. Sound: Graduates demonstrate control of audio recording and sound equipment in a variety of applications. Graduates show ability to create a meaningful relationship between image and sound.
5. Editing & Post-Production: Graduates demonstrate appropriate skill in editing with attention to duration, shot to shot relation, shot to scene and relation to the whole. Graduates demonstrate a basic understanding of design principles in use of typography, motion graphics and animation, as well as compositing and image processing skills (where applicable).
6. Professionalism: Graduates present and conduct themselves professionally and demonstrate an understanding of specific career paths, job responsibilities, and industry expectations.