Student Learning Outcomes
See http://ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/3450 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
1. Graphic design principles: Students will apply learning outcomes from foundation courses to graphic design problems.
2. Problem-solving: Students will develop original, professional-level solutions to graphic design problems based on appropriate research and within specified parameters such as, deadlines, audience, budget, construction and output considerations.
3. Technology: Students will use appropriate technology to produce professional examples of their work.
4. Critical thinking: Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze and critique graphic design.
5. Images: Students will generate original images in support of their design work.
6. Professionalism and professional practice: Students will develop an understanding of design business practices and professional expectations.
7. Communication: Students will use visual and verbal communication to present content and meaning effectively; they will possess oral and written skills to present concepts to employers, clients, and others; they will possess teamwork, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
8. Context: Students will understand the broader context of their work: social and historical, language, information systems, and finance.