Closed School Information Page
Receivership for Dream Center Education Holdings is slated to end on May 31, 2019. The following information is being provided to assist students of closed campuses before that time. This site will be updated prior to that date with direction as to how students can obtain assistance moving forward.
We want to be sure we are processing requests in the most efficient way possible and assist the largest number of students possible.
Please direct your requests as noted below and follow the procedures outlined. This is the most efficient way to obtain assistance. Please know that contacting multiple parties or those outside of these processes does not expedite the request or cause urgency, it takes time and focus away from helping students (as the groups noted below are the only ones able to assist with the requests noted).
To request an official copy of your academic transcript, please print and complete the transcript request form. Once complete, mail to the address listed. Please note: if you have requested fewer than three copies total, you do not need to mail in payment (there is no charge).
If you have an emergency (i.e. a licensure deadline, a deadline for a company hiring you, etc.) you may send a follow-up email to email@example.com.
Your transcripts will be available after receivership ends. The Arts Institutes International will print transcripts for students of the closed Art Institute school locations. Transcripts for Argosy University will be transitioned to a company that will be able to print them at the request of former students and graduates. In addition, we will offer and provide digital transcripts to the licensing agency in each state. This site will be updated with the appropriate contact information and request process before May 31, 2019.
The receiver has resolved the issues surrounding the production of diplomas.
All students who graduated from campuses while in receivership (all Argosy University campuses, The Art Institute of Pittsburgh (to include the online division), The Art Institute of Seattle, The Art Institute of California – San Diego, The Art Institute of California – Hollywood and The Art Institute of Las Vegas) after January 18, 2019 will receive their diplomas. Final artwork and needed information are being provided to the diploma vendor this week. The vendor will print diplomas and mail them directly to the address we have on file for each student. The printer has indicated that this process will take approximately four weeks.
The next group of diplomas to be processed will be those for students who graduated from The Art Institute of Indianapolis and The Art Institute of Phoenix in December 2018 and did not receive their diplomas.
Please know that we have full lists of the students who graduated and are processing diplomas for them.
If you are in need of a diploma and are not part of the two groups listed above, please send a request to ClosedCampusDiplomaRequest@dcedh.org and we will include your request in consideration as we continue to print diplomas.
This site will be updated with additional information on diplomas as it is available.
For third-party enrollment/degree verification requests, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include student name, school name, reference number, dates attended, graduation date, program and degree. Note: Allow a minimum of 21 days for completion. We do not accept requests for verbal verifications, nor follow-up status calls of previously requested verifications.
For financial requests, please send e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- E-Mail Subject Line: Financial Request
- Body of E-Mail: Include the full name used during your enrollment, the campus attended, and a detailed description of the financial request you are making.
Account Balance Inquiries
For account balance inquiries, please reach out online to CSSNRecovery@dcedh.org.
1098–T – Questions and Important Information
Forms are mailed to all eligible students by January 31 annually. To print a duplicate form, please visit https://heartland.ecsi.net/. If you are unable to locate your 1098-T and need further assistance, please contact Heartland ECSI at 1-866-428-1098. For information on the Taxpayer Relief Act, as well as additional resources to assist you in understanding higher education tax incentives visit: https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/FAQtaxDocuments#understanding1098TForm.
The Department of Career & Professional Readiness partners with students as they explore employment possibilities, develop job skills, and connect with potential opportunities related to their professional endeavors. Our goal is to encourage the career potential of students by facilitating opportunities for them to explore their interests and gain valuable professional experience while utilizing a variety of resources.
Students can seek guidance in building a resume, career planning, developing job-search strategies, preparing for an interview and evaluating potential job opportunities. The Department of Career & Professional Readiness will also work to plan and deliver career readiness workshops, individual or group career planning sessions, job board resources and industry guest speakers.
For assistance, call 1-855-855-0570 or email AIcareerreadiness@aii.edu.
Department of Education
If you are in need of assistance from the Department of Education, please reach out to them at https://feedback.studentaid.ed.gov.
The Department of Education is hosting interactive webinars for students from closed Argosy University and select Art Institutes to share information and address questions and concerns. Please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/dream-center-webinars.pdf for details and to register.
The Department of Education is assisting students and keeping them informed with regard to closures. Please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/closed-school and https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/dream-center for information.
All Other Questions or Concerns
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855.758.5660 for assistance. Representatives will be able to assist via phone from 8 am – 8 pm EST, Monday – Friday. Please note that email is the fastest way to receive assistance.
The following schools are now permanently closed:
- The Art Institute of Atlanta—Decatur, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta
- The Art Institute of California – Hollywood, a campus of Argosy University - Academic Catalog
- The Art Institute of California – Inland Empire, a campus of Argosy University
- The Art Institute of California—Los Angeles, a campus of Argosy University
- The Art Institute of California – Orange County, a campus of Argosy University
- The Art Institute of California – Sacramento, a campus of Argosy University
- The Art Institute of California – San Diego, a campus of Argosy University - Academic Catalog
- The Art Institute of California – San Francisco, a campus of Argosy University
- The Art Institute of California—Silicon Valley, a campus of Argosy University
- The Art Institute of Charleston, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta
- The Art Institute of Charlotte, a campus of Miami International University of Art & Design
- The Art Institute of Colorado
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
- The Art Institute of Fort Worth, a branch of Miami International University of Art & Design
- The Art Institute of Houston—North, a branch of The Art Institute of Houston
- The Art Institute of Indianapolis
- The Art Institutes International—Kansas City
- The Art Institute of Jacksonville, a branch of Miami International University of Art & Design
- The Art Institute of Michigan
- The Art Institute of Michigan—Troy
- The Art Institute of Minnesota
- The Art Institute of New York City
- The Art Institute of Ohio—Cincinnati
- The Art Institute of Philadelphia
- The Art Institute of Phoenix
- The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Academic Catalog
- The Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online Division - Academic Catalog
- The Art Institute of Portland
- The Art Institute of Raleigh – Durham, a campus of Miami International University of Art & Design
- The Art Institute of Salt Lake City
- The Art Institute of Seattle - Academic Catalog
- The Art Institute of St. Louis
- The Art Institute of Tennessee – Nashville, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta
- The Art Institute of Tucson
- The Art Institute of Washington, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta
- The Art Institute of Washington—Dulles, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta
- The Art Institute of Wisconsin
- The Art Institute of York—Pennsylvania
- The Illinois Institute of Art – Chicago
- The Illinois Institute of Art – Schaumburg
- The Illinois Institute of Art—Tinley Park
- Antonelli Institute of Art & Photography
- Arizona Institute of Interior Design
- Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts
- Lowthian College
- New England Institute of Art
- New York Restaurant School
- Tuscon Design College
- York Academy of Art