Course ListingCulinary Arts
Associate of Applied Science
Published June 1, 2016
This program can be completed on ground, blended (plus) or online. Required cooking courses cannot be completed online.
Student Learning Outcomes
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/912 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Establish and maintain safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare standardized recipes using a variety of cooking techniques which meet industry quality standards.
- Prepare a variety of international recipes utilizing the correct techniques, ingredients and equipment which meet industry quality standards.
- Describe and perform tasks related to common business practices in the culinary industry, including inventory, menu planning, cost control, and food purchasing.
- Describe the principles of food and beverage management.
- Define and articulate the core values of the culinary professional.
- Seek entry-level positions in commercial and institutional food service settings.
Program CoursesCOURSE LISTING
CU1303 Concepts & Theories of Culinary Techniques
CU1315 Latin Cuisine
CU1350 Management, Supervision & Career Development
CU1602 American Regional Cuisine
CU1610 Fundamentals of Classical Techniques
CU1615 Introduction to Baking & Pastry Techniques
CU2300 Management by Menu
CU2322 World Cuisine
CU2325 Food & Beverage Operations Management
CU2330 Classical European Cuisine
CU2348 Asian Cuisine
CU2351 Sustainable Purchasing & Controlling Cost
CU2601 Garde Manger
CU2610 Á La Carte
CU2636 Art Culinaire
GS1402 Critical Thinking
GS1403 English Composition I
GS1405 Western Civilization to 1600
GS240 Quantitative Reasoning
GS2420 Nutrition Science
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION90
Note: The Art Institute of Colorado reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.