Course ListingCulinary Arts
Published June 1, 2016
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Establish and maintain safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare standardized recipes using a variety of cooking techniques which meet industry quality standards.
- Prepare a variety recipes utilizing the correct techniques, ingredients and equipment which meet industry quality standards.
- Define and articulate the core values of the culinary professional.
- Seek entry-level positions in commercial and institutional food service settings.
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/3100 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
Program CoursesCOURSE LISTING
CU1303 Concepts & Theories of Culinary Techniques
CU1315 Latin Cuisine
CU1350 Management, Supervision & Career Development
CU1602 American Regional Cuisine
CU1610 Fundamentals of Classical Techniques
CU1615 Introduction to Baking & Pastry Techniques
CU2322 World Cuisine
CU2325 Food & Beverage Operations Management
CU2348 Asian Cuisine
CU2351 Sustainable Purchasing & Controlling Costs
CU2601 Garde Manger
CU2610 Á La Carte
GS2420 Nutrition Science
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION 55
Note: The Art Institute of Colorado reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.