Student Learning Outcomes
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/1363 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
1. Communication: Graduates will possess visual, written, and oral communication skills that enable them to create web and media vehicles that effectively deliver messages to intended audiences; the ability to work effectively in teams; the ability to create a coherent storyboard; and the skill to communicate effectively with prospective employers, colleagues, and clients.
2. Information Technology: Graduates will have skills in file structure, digital information, logical flow charting, media formats, computer applications, programming language abilities, and knowledge of database design.
3. Design: Graduates will apply the principles, technical skills, and terminology of image manipulation and web design.
4. Problem-Solving: Graduates will possess the creative design skills to conceptualize, develop, and evaluate web pages; problem solving skills that result in interface designs appropriate for the target audience and satisfactory to the client; and will understand the process of project management.
5. Context: Graduates will understand web design in relation to education, commerce, entertainment, and will have developed knowledge of marketing, economics, law, and emerging technologies as they relate to media design.
6. Professionalism: Graduates will have developed current professional awareness, a high standard of ethics, an ability to work independently, and a desire for life-long learning and professional growth.