Course ListingCulinary Arts
Associate of Science
Published June 1, 2016
This program can be completed on ground, blended (plus) or online.Required cooking courses cannot be completed online.
Student Learning Outcomes
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/2333 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Establish and maintain safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare standardized recipes using a variety of cooking techniques which meet industry quality standards.
- Prepare a variety of international recipes utilizing the correct techniques, ingredients and equipment which meet industry quality standards.
- Describe and perform tasks related to common business practices in the culinary industry, including inventory, menu planning, cost control, and food purchasing.
- Describe the principles of food and beverage management.
- Define and articulate the core values of the culinary professional.
Program CoursesPROGRAM COURSES
RS092 College Success
CUL1105 Concepts & Theories of Culinary Techniques
CUL1108 Fundamentals of Classical Techniques
CUL1116 American Regional Cuisine
CUL1124 Management, Supervision & Career Development
CUL1126 Introduction to Pastry Techniques & Artistry
CUL1143 World Cuisine
CUL1145 Management by Menu
CUL1146 Garde Manger
CUL1200 Sustainable Purchasing & Controlling Costs
CUL2214 Asian Cuisine
CUL2216 Classical European Cuisines
CUL2225 Latin Cuisine
CUL2227 Food & Beverage Operations Management
CUL2301 À La Carte
CUL2304 Art Culinaire
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES AND ELECTIVES
HU110 College English
HU111 Effective Speaking
HU130 Visual Language & Culture
MS135 Nutrition Science
Social & Behavioral Sciences Requirement
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION 90
Note: The Art Institute of California—Hollywood(a campus of Argosy University) reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.