Course ListingAudio Production
Associate of Science
Published June 1, 2016
This program can be completed on ground, blended (plus) or online.
Student Learning Outcomes
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/3918 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Conceptualize, plan, execute, and deliver quality multitrack recordings and voiceovers, and postproduction projects, integrating knowledge and application of audio theory, critical listening skills, and industry standards, using industry-related tools.
- Demonstrate an understanding of job responsibilities and industry expectations through development of a professional business plan and portfolio.
- Efficiently troubleshoot and solve problems typically encountered by audio professionals.
- Evaluate and apply peer and professional critique as well as self-evaluation to continuously improve the quality of their work.
- Evaluate and integrate the business and economic principles and practices of the audio industry by creating a comprehensive business plan that demonstrates skill in scheduling, budgeting, leadership, production, and project management.
Program CoursesPRORAM COURSES
RS092 College Success
AUDA101 Fundamentals of Audio
AUDA102 Music Theory for Audio Professionals I
AUDA103 Audio Technology I
AUDA111 Survey of the Audio Industry
AUDA112 Music Theory for Audio Professionals II
AUDA113 Digital Audio I – Introduction to the Interface
AUDA123 Video Production for Audio
AUDA133 Audio Recording I
AUDA143 Electronics I
AUDA203 Production Sound
AUDA205 Listening & Analysis
AUDA213 Audio Technology II
AUDA223 MIDI Systems
AUDA233 Post-Production Sound
AUDA243 Digital Audio II – Digital Audio Systems
AUDA253 Audio Recording II
AUDA263 Live Sound Reinforcement I
AUDA273 Electronics II
AUDA309 Portfolio I
AUDA353 Live Sound Reinforcement II
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES AND ELECTIVES
HU110 College English
HU111 Effective Speaking
HU130 Visual Language & Culture
General Education Requirement
Social & Behavioral Sciences Requirement
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION 90
Note: The Art Institute of California—Hollywood(a campus of Argosy University) reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.