Graphic & Web Design
Course ListingGraphic & Web Design
Associate of Science
Published January 1, 0001
Student Learning Outcomes
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/278 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Apply aesthetics and formal concepts of layout and design, including spatial relationships; communication effectiveness; interrelationships among imagery and text; balance; typography; and color theory.
- Apply design concepts to produce successful visual solutions to assigned problems.
- Articulate the vision behind their creative work and explain and defend their solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of industry standards, professional practices and ethics in their work and self-presentation.
- Apply skills in industry-specific computer software programs to produce concrete projects.
Program CoursesPROGRAM COURSES
RS092 College Success
FND105 Design Fundamentals
FND110 Observational Drawing
FND135 Image Manipulation
FND150 Digital Color Theory
GWDA101 Applications & Industry
GWDA102 Rapid Visualization
GWDA103 Digital Illustration
GWDA105 Concept Design
GWDA111 Introduction to Layout Design
GWDA112 Typography – Traditional
GWDA122 Typography – Hierarchy
GWDA133 Fundamentals of Web Design
GWDA202 nInterface Design
GWDA203 Pre-Press and Print Production
GWDA209 Portfolio I
GWDA212 Typography – Expressive & Experimental
GWDA222 Intermediate Layout Design
GWDA252 Advanced Layout Design
GWDA272 Corporate Identity
GWDA273 Intermediate Web Design
GWDA308 Business of Graphic Design
PHOA101 Principles of Photography
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES AND ELECTIVES
HU110 College English
HU111 Effective Speaking
HU130 Visual Language & Culture
MS111 College Algebra OR MS114 Traditional Geometry
General Education Requirement
Social & Behavioral Sciences Requirement
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION 90
Note: The Art Institute of California—Hollywood(a campus of Argosy University) reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.