The Art Institute of Houston Opens Veteran’s Lounge
October 1, 2015
(Houston, September 2015) On Wednesday, September 9, 2015, The Art Institute of Houston held the ribbon cutting ceremony for its new Veteran’s Lounge. The lounge is called the Shane Martin Veteran’s Lounge – named after a former student who was killed in combat. The new Veteran’s Club President began the ceremony with a tribute to Shane and his family, followed by a few words by Campus President Susanne Behrens and Campus Dean of Student Affairs Daryl Conte. The ceremony closed with a moment of silence and playing of Taps.
Attached is a photo from the ceremony with current students and a graduate who are Veterans. (L-R):
• Carlos Nieves – Bachelor of Science in Fashion & Retail Management
• Juan Flores – 2015 Graduate - Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts
• Ben Ferguson - Bachelor of Science in Culinary Management
• Stephanie Parks - Associate of Applied Science in Baking & Pastry
• Miriya Rittner - Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic & Web Design
• Marco Guzman - Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts
The Art Institute of Houston is one of The Art Institutes, a system of private, non-profit schools throughout the United States. Programs, credential levels, technology, and scheduling options vary by school and are subject to change. The Art Institute of Houston, 4140 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77027 © 2020. The Arts Institutes International. All rights reserved.
Learn more about our programs.Request Information