Get inspired. Get motivated. And get back in class.
We get it: the life of a Creative Warrior isn’t easy. But we know you haven’t lost your passion, your vision, and your determination to make creativity your life’s work.
Those things come from deep inside you. They’re what drove you to start here in the first place. And they’re why we’re here to help you get where you want to go. Design, Media Arts, Fashion or Culinary—the choice is yours.
If you’re ready to start fresh, we’re ready to give you a hand. The information on this page should answer your questions and get you headed in the right direction.
Or, if you’ve decided that the time is now, go ahead and begin the application process.
10 Reasons to Reapply
10 Reasons to Come Back to School
10. You owe it to yourself.
Creativity is a fundamental part of who you are, and taking it to the next level is an investment in yourself. Make it your life. You deserve it.
9. You can do it on your schedule.
You can complete your program by taking a mix of in-person and online classes if that's what works for you.
8. It's more affordable than you think. (1)
The Art Grant (2), scholarships, and loans (3) are just a few of the innovative initiatives we've designed to help make a creative education at The Art Institutes more financially attainable for talented students with the passion to make creativity their career.
7. It can help you expand your circle.
Returning to an Art Institutes school can help you build both your social and professional networks.
6. It's a chance to get better at what you do.
Completing your program at an Art Institutes school can enhance your ability to think creatively and critically, not to mention improve your design and communication skills.
5. It can enhance your current career.
Your degree could help contribute to your skill set and help you move forward in your current career.
4. It can help you transition to a new field.
Ready to explore a new path? Completing your program at an Art Institutes school can provide the background and skills you need to make it happen.
3. Three words: Sense of Accomplishment
The feeling you get when you achieve a longstanding goal — especially one that has the potential to enhance your career and life - is like nothing else.
2. Imagine that degree on your wall. Finally.
It's never too late to return to school to complete the degree you want. Finish what you started. You'll thank yourself later.
1. It can open the door to opportunity.
Having a diploma or a degree can bring new possibilities and opportunities within your reach. It's your foot in the door.
(1) Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
(2) The Art Grant is offered at all Art Institutes schools. Check with the school you're considering attending for exceptions and details.
(3) Please contact the school directly to inquire about the amounts and types of grants and scholarships available at your selected Art Institutes school.
- Who do I contact at my former school to inquire about returning?
Contact the Assistant Director of Readmissions at The Art Institutes location to which you wish to return.
- How soon could I return to school?
The next term - as long as you are academically and financially eligible.
- How do I find out the status of my student loans?
Contact your lender. If you do not know who your lender is, you should contact the Financial Aid Office* at the school you last attended.
- How do I find out if I have a balance due at the school?
Contact your Assistant Director of Readmissions or the Accounting Office at the school you last attended.
- Can I transfer my credits to another location within The Art Institutes system?**
The location you want to transfer to would make that determination based on receiving and reviewing an official transcript from your former school.
- Can I switch my program?
You are permitted to change your program one time, so we recommend that you discuss your situation with the Assistant Director of Readmissions at The Art Institutes location where you would like to return.
- Can I change my degree from an Associate's Degree to a Bachelor's Degree or a Diploma?
You should speak directly to the Assistant Director of Readmissions of the school where you want to return for assistance with that decision.
- How do I know if I am in good academic standing?
Contact the Assistant Director of Readmissions at the school you last attended.
- Will all my credits I previously earned at the school still be valid?
It depends on when the credits were earned and other criteria, so we recommend that you speak to the Assistant Director of Readmissions of the school where you want to return.
- I was terminated from school and now want to try and get back into school. How should I proceed?
Speak to the Assistant Director of Readmissions at your school and they can assist you with the specific appeal procedures at that location.
- If I had a scholarship when I previously attended, would it still be valid if I choose to return?
It would depend on the type of scholarship. Your Assistant Director of Readmissions or the financial aid team could assist you in figuring out this answer.
- Who would I speak to if I graduated from an Art Institutes school and would like to return for a new program/degree?
Congratulations on your decision to further pursue your education! Contact the Admissions Office of The Art Institutes location where you would like to return.
- I am interested in transferring to another location of The Art Institutes. Who should I contact to begin this process?
If you plan on transferring to another location of The Art Institutes and do not plan on taking any additional time off other than the normal break between quarters, then contact the Readmissions office at The Art Institutes location where you are interested in transferring. If you plan on taking more than the normal break in between quarters, or already have, then contact the admissions office of The Art Institutes location where you are interested in transferring.
- I am interested in transferring to The Art Institutes from another college/university. Who do I contact to inquire about visiting The Art Institutes location that interests me?
Contact the Admissions Office of The Art Institutes location in which you are interested.
- Are there any readmission application or enrollment fees in order to reapply to school to finish a program?
No. If you are returning within 10 years of your last date of attendance to complete a program, there are no readmission application or enrollment fees. We will review the steps to getting started once you reach out to us.
*Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
** Transfer credit is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The Art Institutes system of schools offers no guarantee that credit earned at another institution will be accepted into a program of study offered by The Art Institutes system of schools.