Online Interior Design BS degree requirements
As a prerequisite for admission to The Art Institute of Pittsburgh — Online Division, students must be a high school graduate with a minimum, cumulative, final high school CGPA of 2.0 or higher, or hold a General Education Development GED Certificate, or associate's degree or higher.
To check your operating system, browser and plug in capabilities, please click here.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription (Contains Adobe Acrobat Professional, After Effects, Animate, Audition, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro)
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or higher) or Microsoft Office University 365
- Antivirus Software (Latest Version)
- Skype (Recommended)
- Google Sketchup (Latest version)
- Autodesk AutoCAD (Version 2015 or higher)
- Autodesk 3ds Max (Version 2015 or higher)
- Autodesk Revit (Version 2015 or higher)
Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Windows Media Player, and Java
Minimum technology requirements
- PC: Users should have systems with the following specifications: Single- or Multi-Core Intel® Pentium®, Xeon®, or i-Series processor or AMD® equivalent with SSE2 technology. Highest affordable CPU speed rating recommended. Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1 64-bit: Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium, Microsoft® Windows® 8 64-bit: Windows 8 Enterprise, Pro, or Windows 8, Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 64-bit: Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Pro, or Windows 8.1. All require 8GB of RAM, 30GB of available hard disk space recommended, 1366 x 768 minimum display resolution (1920x1080 recommended) with true color, 512MB VRAM, Open GL 2.0-capable system, and DirectX® 10 capable graphics card with Shader Model 3.
- Mac: Due to the fact that AutoDesk (industry-standard software) no longer provides support for MAC computers in Dual-Boot, Macintosh computers are not recommended for the program. Note: Students who began the program before September 1, 2017, are grandfathered in but they should be aware of this change in AutoDesk support.
Important Note: “Virtual machines” are not supported by The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division for the Interior Design program.
Web browser requirements
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Color Flatbed Scanner
- Digital Camera
- Drafting Supplies
- Drawing Supplies