Course ListingWeb Design & Interactive Media
Published May 1, 2016
Student Learning Outcomes & Requirements
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/206 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
- Demonstrate professional visual communication skills through the use of graphic illustrations, photography and typography.
- Integrate composition and design in support of concept
- Demonstrate the ability to program and code to functional requirements of media project(s).
- Apply critical thinking and needs analysis to concept design and in developing media marketing.
- Apply presentation and communication skills to produce design and business solutions appropriate to a particular client or target audience.
Program CoursesProgram Courses
FND132 Fundamentals of the Internet
FNDA105 Design Fundamentals
FNDA135 Image Manipulation
FNDA150 Digital Color Theory
GWDA101 Applications & Industry
IMD122 Design and Typography
IMD123 User-Centered Information Design
IMD131 Screen Design and Graphics
IMD211 Interactive Authoring I
IMD212 Basic Web Scripting
IMD233 Web Site Development
IMD311 Sophomore Digital Portfolio
TRACK 1: TECHNICAL WEB DEVELOPMENT
IMD312 Introduction to Programming
IMD323 Database Systems
IMD331 Web Site Development II
TRACK 2: VISUAL DESIGN
IMD324 Digital Photography for Interactive Media
IMD332 Web Imaging Techniques
IMD407 Illustration for Multimedia and Web I
45 quarter credits required for a Web Design Diploma
Note: The Art Institute of Pittsburgh—Online Division reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.