Course ListingCulinary Arts
Associate of Science
Published June 1, 2016
Student Learning OutcomesStudent Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Establish and maintain safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare standardized recipes using a variety of cooking techniques which meet industry quality standards.
- Prepare a variety of international recipes utilizing the correct techniques, ingredients and equipment which meet industry quality standards.
- Describe and perform tasks related to common business practices in the culinary industry, including inventory, menu planning, cost control, and food purchasing.
- Describe the principles of food and beverage management.
- Define and articulate the core values of the culinary professional.
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/353 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
Program CoursesPROGRAM COURSES
RS092 College Success
CUL1105 Concepts & Theories of Culinary Techniques
CUL1108 Fundamentals of Classical Techniques
CUL1116 American Regional Cuisine
CUL1124 Management, Supervision & Career Development
CUL1126 Introduction to Pastry Techniques & Artistry
CUL1143 World Cuisine
CUL1145 Management by Menu
CUL1146 Garde Manger
CUL1200 Sustainable Purchasing & Controlling Costs
CUL2214 Asian Cuisine
CUL2216 Classical European Cuisines
CUL2225 Latin Cuisine
CUL2227 Food & Beverage Operations Management
CUL2301 À La Carte
CUL2304 Art Culinaire
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES AND ELECTIVES
HU110 College English
HU111 Effective Speaking
HU130 Visual Language & Culture
MS135 Nutrition Science
Social & Behavioral Sciences Requirement
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION 90
Note: The Art Institute of California—Orange County (a campus of Argosy University) reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.