Course ListingFashion Design
Bachelor of Science
Published June 1, 2016
Student Learning Outcomes
- Design: Graduates integrate the art of fashion design with the knowledge of materials and apparel production.
- Production Skills: Graduates integrate textile knowledge and process skills in the production of garments from concept development to finished product
- Technology: Graduates effectively employ industry software and equipment to design and produce garments and produce garment technical packages.
- Context and Critical Thinking: Graduates evaluate interconnections of historical perspectives, global events, forecasting, design, and color to create products relevant to fashion industry business trends.
- Professionalism: Graduates exemplify professional standards, ethics, and business concepts.
- Communication: Graduates display the ability to professionally communicate their ideas visually and verbally.
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/2396 for complete Gainful employment information for this degree.
Note: The Art Institute of Pittsburgh reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.