Course ListingDigital Photography
Bachelor of Science
Published January 1, 0001
Student Learning Outcomes
- Professional Presentation: Graduates will be able to produce a portfolio of original work for current media and multiple platforms, demonstrating industry standards, personal interest and career specialization.
- Critical Thinking: Graduates will be able to articulate how they place themselves and their work within a historical and cultural context.
- Visual Communication: Graduates will be able to use problem-solving processes to produce visually compelling imagery reflective of their personal styles and visions.
- Business Skills: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, plan and implement marketing strategies and a business model reflective of industry standards, while demonstrating personal motivation and ethical practices.
- Knowledge: Graduates will demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the theory of applied photography and demonstrate practical technical excellence gained in their various areas of photographic studies.
- Digital Skills: Graduates demonstrate the ability to use photographic equipment and software correctly, including proper usage of image manipulation and digital illustration.
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/4425 for complete Gainful mployment information for this degree.
Program ElectivesGeneral Education Electives
Ten General Education Elective Courses
Choose Four program electives from:
CC430 Internship II*
DFVA111 Principles of Cinematography (available on ground only)
PH223 Magazine Photography
PH330 Photographic Materials and Processes (available on ground only)
PH334 Sports Photography
PH412 Project Development
PH420 Thesis (available on ground only)
PH435 Figure/Fashion Photography
PH436 Architectural Photography
Note: The Art Institute of Pittsburgh reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.