Scroll. There's more.
Even in its earliest days, The Art Institute of Pittsburgh operated with an eye toward employer's needs. In 1921, America was in the throes of a consumer buying frenzy. The advertising business was booming, stoking America's interest in the new and improved. In response to this emerging marketplace, The Art Institute graduated commercial artists who designed billboards and magazine ads that competed for the attention of the buying public.
Over 90 years and six downtown locations later, our mission to educate and prepare students for creative careers remains the same.
In 2001, we relocated all the way across the Golden Triangle and into an entirely renovated historic landmark building located at 420 Boulevard of the Allies. More square feet, more classrooms and studios, and a large gallery and common areas make our creative community an inspiring place to be.