Bachelor of Science
Published January 1, 0001
Student Learning Outcomes
for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
• Seek an entry-level skill position in the food service industry
• Identify, establish and maintain safety and sanitation procedures which meet industry quality standards
• Demonstrate and articulate an awareness of the cross-cultural, moral, ethical and environmental issues in hospitality organizations and their relationship with all stakeholders
• Analyze the food and beverage cost-control cycle and accounting practices, and implement controls to manage, maintain and ensure profitability
• Prepare a variety of international recipes using a variety of cooking techniques which meet industry quality standards
• Apply standard Human Resource principles in regards to recruiting, retaining, and developing staff
• Create a business plan for a food service outlet or hospitality company
Note: The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham (a campus of South University) reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.