Student Learning Outcomes
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/2719 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
• Producing & Directing: Demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, plan and execute different styles of media productions. Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their leadership and collaborative responsibilities in relationship to artistic partners, crews, clients, the wider community and their own personal development
• Writing & Critical Thinking: Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate ideas, stories and expectations in written work. Graduates will have an understanding of the historical, cultural and social contexts for moving images
• Cinematography & Lighting: Demonstrate control of camera, cinematic and lighting equipment in relation to a given subject
• Sound: Demonstrate control of audio recording and sound equipment in a variety of applications. Graduates will show ability to create a meaningful relationship between image and sound
• Editing & Post-Production: Demonstrate appropriate skill in editing with attention to duration, shot to shot relation, shot to scene and relation to the whole. Graduates will demonstrate a basic understanding of design principles in use of typography, motion graphics and animation, as well as compositing and image processing skills (where applicable)
• Professionalism: Present and conduct themselves professionally and demonstrate an understanding of specific career paths, job responsibilities, and industry expectations