Student Learning Outcomes
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/4442 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
• Design - Demonstrate versatile, aesthetic solutions of layout and design. This includes proper understanding and usage of: space, line, color, shape, texture, form and value. Typographic and photographic hierarchy structures will also be considered.
• Conceptual - Demonstrate conceptual thinking through work that reflects historical and contemporary trends by answering design problems with creative visuals and writings.
• Visual Communication - Express a clear message to specific demographics using various mediums.
• Professional Presentation - Articulate their chosen design direction and solution by communicating their mastery knowledge of graphic design, problem solving, ethics and industry standards in a visual presentation
Graphic Design Specific Outcome:
• Technical - Graduates will demonstrate, through a printed and online portfolio, the application of competencies through projects that highlight their mastery of industry software and technology in the print design field. This includes technical aspects of prepress, output, and quality reproduction as well as web design.
Web Design Specific Outcome:
• Technical - Graduates will demonstrate, through a live web site, a mastery of interactive design & development using industry software, authoring systems and/or web scripting. This includes the application and integration of advanced functionality within interactive business solutions for clients.