Global Entrepreneurship Panel Shares Insights with Ai Students
August 13, 2018
At The Art Institutes, we equip students for creative arts careers in businesses of all types and sizes. Many of our students have long-term entrepreneurial goals, and we work hard to prepare them with the practical skills and business savvy they’ll need to pursue these aspirations—including bringing in speakers who can provide inspiration and advice. On July 19, 2018, at The Art Institute of California - San Diego, a campus of Argosy University , we welcomed seven female entrepreneurs from across Africa to talk about their entrepreneurship experience with our students on campus.
The women included designers and buyers of jewelry, craft textiles, and leather work, all visiting the San Diego campus as their first stop on a national tour sponsored by the US Department of State.
The Global Entrepreneurship panelists speakers included:
● Ms. Sako Aminata Sabine Nomvia, Founder and Creative Director, Bee’s, Cote d'Ivoire
● Ms. Yannaty Rima Sompare, Head of External Affairs, Amidjor, Guinea
● Ms. Ellen Zeze Keitta, CEO and Manager, Ellen Zeze's Art Shop, Liberia
● Ms. Nafissa Hamadou Yeya, Founder, Design By N, Niger
● Ms. Bernadette Umunyana, Founder and Managing Director, Dokmai Rwanda
● Ms. Katherine Mary Pichulik, Founder, Managing Director, and Designer, PICHULIK, South Africa
● Ms. Akossiwa Lawanie Degbe Epse Kinvi, Director, JD E-Space, Togo
An engaging Q&A session followed the panel discussion. Prior to the panel, instructors from Ai California - San Diego Global Marketing and Entrepreneurship courses, as well as two Entrepreneurship students, presented briefly.
This campus event was attended by a variety of students interested in entrepreneurship and starting their own business.
Learn more about our programs.Get Brochure