Graphic & Web Design
Course ListingGraphic & Web Design
Associate of Applied Arts
Published June 1, 2016
This program is available on ground or online.
Student Learning Outcomes
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/89 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will:
- demonstrate competencies in industry-specific computer software programs within the context of producing concrete projects. This includes technical aspects of prepress, output, and quality reproduction, as well as web design.
- incorporate formal concepts of layout and design. This includes spatial relationships; communication legibility and effectiveness; interrelationships among imagery and text; balance; typography; and color theory.
- understand and apply basic research methods in graphic design, including research, design, data analysis, and interpretation, and demonstrate professional presentation and articulation of knowledge of graphic design.
- demonstrate and integrate knowledge of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in graphic media.
- demonstrate experience in working within a team environment to execute on the creative strategy for projects by creating viable design schemes.
- apply advanced skills and critical thinking in the principles of form and function to produce design and business solutions appropriate to a particular client or target audience.
- apply their personal vision and skills toward particular interests in relation to the graphic design field, whether in print, motion design, web design, typography, environmental design or other forms of message making.
FND105 Design Fundamentals
FND110 Observational Drawing
FND135 Image Manipulation
FND150 Digital Color Theory
GWDA101 Applications & Industry
GWDA102 Rapid Visualization
GWDA103 Digital Illustration
GWDA105 Concept Design
GWDA111 Introduction to Layout Design
GWDA112 Typography- Traditional
GWDA122 Typography- Hierarchy
GWDA133 Fundamentals of Web Design
GWDA202 Interface Design
GWDA203 Pre-Press & Print Production
GWDA209 Portfolio I
GWDA212 Typography- Expressive & Experimental
GWDA222 Intermediate Layout Design
GWDA252 Advanced Layout Design
GWDA272 Corporate Identity
GWDA273 Intermediate Web Design
GWDA308 Business of Graphic Design
PHOA101 Principles of Photography
Note: The Art Institute of Seattle reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.