Course ListingBaking & Pastry
Associate of Applied Science
Published June 1, 2016
Student Learning OutcomesStudent Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare standardized recipes using a variety of cooking, baking and pastry techniques as well as appropriate equipment and tools.
- Produce various baked goods and a variety of international and classical pastries and desserts using basic as well as advanced techniques, which meet industry quality standards.
- Design, produce, assemble and decorate display and wedding cakes using various finishing methods which meet industry quality standards.
- Describe and perform tasks related to common business practices within the foodservice industry including inventory, menu planning, cost control and food purchasing.
See ge.artinstitutes.edu/programoffering/1724 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
Note: The Art Institute of Pittsburgh reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.