Course ListingCulinary Management
Bachelor of Science
Published June 1, 2016
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Identify, establish and maintain safety and sanitation procedures which meet industry quality standards.
- Demonstrate and articulate an awareness of the cross-cultural, moral, ethical and environmental issues in hospitality organizations and their relationship with all stakeholders.
- Analyze the food and beverage cost-control cycle and accounting practices, and implement controls to manage, maintain and ensure profitability.
- Prepare a variety of international recipes using a variety of cooking techniques which meet industry quality standards.
- Apply standard Human Resource principles in regards to recruiting, retaining, and developing staff.
- Create a business plan for a food service outlet or hospitality company.
Note: The Art Institute of Pittsburgh reserves the right to alter the sequencing of classes. Some courses are offered on a rotating basis. Students should consult their Academic Advisors and/or Department Chair when creating their course schedules to ensure they are following the recommended sequence. Students must meet all co/prerequisites for courses.